Thursday, April 19, 2012

If you only had 10 days in the Philippines, where do you go?

My friend and I plan on going to the Philippines late January. I%26#39;m not an avid diver, but I%26#39;d like to do a couple somewhere. So far, I%26#39;m thinking of Palawan, Cebu, and Boracay. I don%26#39;t want to stay at high rise touristy places, I%26#39;d like to go where the locals are and do some outdoor activities as well. Any 10 day itinerary suggestions?





Thanks,



jensfbay



If you only had 10 days in the Philippines, where do you go?


Aside from Palawan, Cebu and Boracay, I suggest you consider Bohol, Donsol, Banaue, Ilocos (Laoag, Vigan %26amp; Pagudpud) and Batanes.





:)



If you only had 10 days in the Philippines, where do you go?


Here%26#39;s my top 12 recommendations (sequenced from North to South):





1. Pagudpud (Ilocos Norte) - with dive sites



2. Sagada (Mountain Province)



3. Banaue (Ifugao)



4. Baguio (Benguet)



5. Subic/Olongapo (Zambales) - with dive sites



6. Intramuros (Manila)



7. Tagaytay (Cavite)



8. El Nido (Palawan) - with dive sites



9. Panglao Island (Bohol) - with dive sites



10. Bantayan Island (Cebu) - with dive sites



11. Camiguin Island (Camiguin)- with dive sites



12. Samal Island (Davao del Norte)- with dive sites





I think I can visit all of these places in 10 days as long as I have my own private plane. :)





Cheers!




Jensfbay,



If you want to stay away from the high rise touristy area,then Cebu, Bohel, and Boracay are the places you should avoid. During that period, it%26#39;s pretty much packed. I have been to those places during Januany and Februaray for the past 3 years. Believe me- it%26#39;s not a good idea to stay there in the peak season.



My husband and I also plan to go to the Philippines again in late January next year. This time we%26#39;ll try to pick a quite place. I cannot say definitely that Palawan would be the best choice. However, it seems that it%26#39;s well worth going there. I will recommand Central Palawan, such as Sabang, Puerto Princesa and Port Barton. (www.travel-philippines.com/locations/palawan)





P.S. Check out Cebu Pacific Air, they have really good deals for domestic flights.



Good luck



Tina




Thanks Tina! I%26#39;m actually starting to think about spending most of our vacation days in Palawan. I%26#39;m also contemplating about spending it up north, such as Banaue.




Fly down to Davao. Stay at Drifter%26#39;s Apartel. They can hook you up for everythinbg from diving to nightlife. Lots to do and see and EAT. Cheap, cheap cheap and off the beaten path. It is a major city, but without the traffic of Cebu or Manila.





Take ferry back to Manila.Have fun!




The best recommendation in this case with a lot of outdoor activities, scuba, relax and local life is not too far from Boracay but on the same airports in Catiklan or Kalibo reachable. (45 min) It%26#39;s a Resort in Antique, Panay - Phaidon Beach Resort, where there is still ';the hidden paradise'; in between white sand beach and rain forest.




where the locals go? MALLS




i agree. malls. hahahaha!




If you only had 10 days in the Philippines, where do you go?





That would be Elnido Palawan, Bohol , Boracay, Cebu, Coron Palawan and so on.





You can check this website to see Philippines travel pictures. It will give you ideas of where to go. These are the best places to visit in the Philippines.





forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php鈥?/a>





http://community.webshots.com/user/bawat34





Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment