Thursday, April 19, 2012

San Juan Jeepney Routes

Hi All,





Is anyone out there familiar with the Jeepney routes in San Juan? Ironic that, as an expat, the place where I can travel the least independetly is Manila, relying on my relatives to chauffeur me around.





Id like to start from the LRT J Ruiz station, south on J Ruiz to N Domingo (Tubo Agora Market) . Then west on N Domingo to Blumentritt, going south to F Roxas to the family house.





I know it%26#39;s a shot in the dark :)





San Juan Jeepney Routes


A bit esoteric on Trip Advisor to be asking about jeepney routes. Most people on this site would be scared to death to use one in the city.





But between you and me the safest way to get from Baguio to Bauang, La Union, is by jeepney. The buses are death traps.





And of course the quickest way to get down Makati Avenue to Glorietta/Greenbelt is by Jeepney. Taxi can be hard to find during rush hours.





But San Juan is a shot in the dark even for a 15-year-old!



San Juan Jeepney Routes


Thanks for the reply, Paul. I was actually referring to San Juan the city in the Metro Manila area, sorry for the confusion. With the help of my father who gave me the landmarks I should look for, I pieced together a Jeepney itinerary to take me from Makati to San Juan.





I would appreciate some tips on the Makati Jeepney routes, though. My relations are adamant that I should wait to be chauffered around by them or hire a private car and chauffeur. The curse of being a second-generation expat. I%26#39;ve travelled independently in Africa, so I%26#39;m not sure what the big deal is to take public transport in Manila :)

No comments:

Post a Comment