Friday, April 13, 2012

Boracay 2009 at Station 1 ... Opinions and reviews welcome

Hi guys,





First of all, i`d like to say that you%26#39;re all doing such a terrific job lending opinions to HELPLESS travelers like me. :D Im so relieved to have found this forum because Im totally IGNORANT when it comes to boracay.





My friend and I are going to Boracay on April 2009.. just after the Holy week (to avoid the enormous increase in price on super peaks hehe).





After reading reviews here and there, I have decided to find an accomodation further north of white beach because it%26#39;s been known to be more peaceful, clean and less crowded (around Station 1). I know that the rates on this part of the island is more expensive but I have also read somewhere that there are hotels/inns which are locally managed and so cheaper.





My question is, does anyone know a low key accomodation which have the basic amenities (Airconditioned, refrigerator, shower and TV) and is relatively close to the beach? It has to be less than 4000php because my companion is on strict budget.





I`m considering these resorts but I havent found reviews for them yet.





1.) Orinda Resort Boracay



2.) Punta Rosa Boracay



3.) Boracay Terraces (reviewed)





Does anyone know other resorts close to these ones?





Thank you so much.



Have a happy holidays!



Boracay 2009 at Station 1 ... Opinions and reviews welcome


you might want to look at the website of myboracayguide.com - they give accurate and detailed infos of resorts and its exact station location via their satellite maps..from thereon, resort rates are posted as well as their respective websites too so you can book directly...try also looking at Bans Resort..





Cheers! :)



Boracay 2009 at Station 1 ... Opinions and reviews welcome


Like you I am trying to choose between some resorts. I have read reviews for two of the three you listed. I have also checked MyBoaracy Guide, however it does not include information on any of those hotels. While the map is very helpful, it shows numbers on the map for which there is no description. My guess is its pay to play if a hotel wants information posted there.



We%26#39;ll be there at a different time than you, so good luck. Be sure to post a review when you get back so I can compare your experience with ours.




If I am not mistaken, Orinda is in Diniwid not Station 1. Orinda costs around P2400, we looked at that place when we ate at wiahainu. Dont hodd me on that as it has be a bit of time and we walked into many places in that area, including Microtel. Boracay Terraces is the last place before you hit the walk way on white beach that takes you to Diniwid. Punta Rosa is a nice looking place and I believe used to be a private residence. It is next to Boracay Terraces, a stones throw from Fridays. Try True Homes, rooms are a bit dark umless you go for the more expensive, but place is nice. I suggest book one night, then walk around. By the way, Holy Week prices do not drop after holy week, some places go by supply and demand before drop prices, so be clear about hotel holy week dates price increase when you contact hotel. Thanks much, enjoy yourself.




I%26#39;ll be going to boracay too third week of April and like you I was so glad to have found this forum as I have no idea where to stay. Through my research, I think Blue Waves is around that area. Residencia Boracay have new and cheaper rooms.





I chose Crystal Sand as I%26#39;ll be going with my husband and 2 kids and we opted for a not so isolated/quiet, not so crowded (hopefully), not so far from d mall, and not so expensive beachfront hotel with a veranda. I hope I made a good choice and will try to give a review to share after my trip.





True Home was my first choice but is already full on the dates I wanted. I suggest you make reservations early as the more popular resorts gets fully booked early for the month of April. Enjoy!




Skimmerboi read the guidelines for this forum. No advertising or self promotion allowed!

No comments:

Post a Comment