Friday, April 13, 2012

Planning a wedding in Bacolod City

Hello there! Its been a while since i went home to bacolod but i thought i should have my wedding there so i will see everyone again espcially my relatives that i have not seen for 10yrs. L%26#39;fisher is the ONLY PLACE you can get back home! is there any other venue you can recommed? I would prefer air conditioned place. Also the wedding planner i contacted will charge 10% of my budget which means if i spend more she%26#39;ll or he%26#39;ll get more and of course she/he will have some cuts on all the vendors that she/he will going to get for my wedding. any ideas how much should a wedding planner cost? any recommedation? how much does it usually cost for the wedding back home? 300k to 500k???? for 250 guest?





PLEASE REPLY! thank you!!



Planning a wedding in Bacolod City


hi ilongga. Congrats first of all. My cousin had her wedding at L%26#39; Fisher (500 guests) but with Everything (clothes, flowers, ... invitataions, EVERYTHING!) it only came out to P500,000 ++ (est. say plus 50T)...





Wedding Planner - will charge 10% of the total expense? thats odd. Because wedding planners / event organizers usually have a SET FEE... even if you have a tight wedding budget or bonggacious affair, the fee is STABLE. minimum est. is P15,000.. but shouldn%26#39;t go over P50T in my opinion. Maybe because your a ';balikbayan';... but then again, some planners create their own rules.. but ti me, that is news.







Location: El Fisher is indeed grand. LA Proa ballroom is a commonly used hall for such events... you could request the Hotel to add the Torch entrance for the reception.. ;-)





Palmas del Mar: pls. check their website...



www.palmas-del-mar.com



contact person (via email) is Grace.





they could set up a poolside reception for you.. or at their function hall... they have newly renovated rooms with pools and jacuzzi...





I%26#39;ll contact my professor who also plans events to check if he%26#39;s still on the job.. he goes to NY yearly...





top Designer: Jaki Penalosa (iloilo) she has a shop at Rob. mall in iloilo and a flicker page.







if you have more questions, send me a message. i%26#39;d like to help you further....



Planning a wedding in Bacolod City


Hi Ilongga,





We%26#39;ll also have our wedding in Bacolod next year in May. We%26#39;re here in Australia but our wedding planner-coordinator is doing all the legworks. You just have to tell her your preferences. It is advisable to book early. There are a number of nice wedding churches--big ones include Queen of Peace, St. Jude, Redemptorist. It will depend on each individual%26#39;s preferences. We%26#39;ll have ours in Queen of Peace. My planner is lovely with amazing and creative ideas.For 150 guests, her package for everything--as in EVERYTHING--is P295,00.This includes church fees,priest,L%26#39;Fisher, flowers,bridal gown, entourage gowns and tuxedo rent for guys, flowers, photo-video,invites,give-aways,top Bacolod-based band for reception,balladeers for the church ceremony,etc (except wedding rings gali).She%26#39;s so easy to talk to and we have become very good friends.Very highly recommended. Let me now if you want her contact number. Her fee is only P10,000.





Sharon




Hi there,





Ilongga and i have been in constant communication. I am also providing her w/ tips for her wedding. I will be happy to inform her about your wedding package. Congrats to you as well! =)





If you can provide the name , contact numbers of your planner, that will be great... and btw, that package is a bargain! such a fantastic deal... considering that you%26#39;ll be spending alot of money on your planes fares... =)







mikai9820




Hi!!



Her name is Cleofe ';Clay'; Tan. Mobile number is +639173001211. I send her messages everyday and I can call her anytime for anything. Any tips/advices for me as well? Did you have a Bacolod wedding as well? When is Ilongga getting married?






Hi!





thanks for the reply.



I had my wedding in Boracay.



But i stayed in Bcd. for a long period of time.



Know alot of people there... my husband%26#39;s fam. is from there. =)



She%26#39;ll tie the knot sometime in May (but still at the planning stage), so anything is possible...



feel free to send me a message if you have questions on how to ';further'; go about your wedding preps.



I know how it feels to plan a major event in your event in your life, when your miles away! ;-p





mikai9820




(typo) ....plan a major event in your life..... =D




Hi docsha %26amp; hi Mikai! Thanks for the tips! Sorry for a very late response I%26#39;ve been horribly busy! Docsha - I am planning my wedding on May 2009, it will also be at L’fisher (since that’s the only place you can get back home) with at least 250 + guest but not over 300, I have not finalize anything yet - since it wont be till 2009 but I%26#39;d like to plan ahead since most of my family will be going home and need to file vacation at least 1yr prior of the event. As for budget - hmmmm not sure = (pa! but it would be over 300k and up – my photographer is quite expensive but I know I will get what I paid for since the pictures are precious and lifetime so I don’t mind paying a little more, I did my research and request for samples of pictures on his prior engagement and a short video so it would give me an idea of his work. I don’t trust everything to the planner – I need to see the vendors work first before I OK’D it. As for flowers I will go with Rodriguez flower shop! They got some respectable and positive response from the brides; all I want is indi Lang pag INOT INUTON ang flowers ko! And I heard some disasters weddings too… some vendors will promise you one thing and the day of your wedding you will get another thing… so extra careful guid ako…maybe I should change my screen name here as “SIGURISTA” =) but you cant blame me…this is just a once in a lifetime affair… and better do it right. Docsha we can help each other out too. Any suggestions or advice please message me...Mikai help us =)





I meet with my planner last week - she%26#39;s very very nice and sweet! And most of all she got a lot of experience in wedding planning and she also referred me to some of her clients here in US. I called them and get some ideas on what type of service they got or if they are satisfied - and ask questions about their experiences dealing with the planner, hotel, church and etc. So I got a lot of positive response EXCEPT FOR L%26#39;FISHER! Here are some tips from brides who got married couple months ago....





1) If you know owner of the hotel - you will get a royal treatment if not ok lang...(Unfair huh!)



2) Be careful of their elevator - too many brides got their veil cut off on that elevator - (dasig kuno mag close)



3) If you scratch their furniture or anything that they could charge you! they%26#39;ll have you pay for it - one bride told me they ask for 5k to 10k for a scratch sa dresser so she fought for it and did not pay not even a dime!... reason nya that scartch could have been there before... they will take advantage of you since abroad ka they think you got a lot of money. How stupid! For me that’s a wear and tear of your business! Do a tax expense!






Hi Ilongga and doscha... i could take a few photo%26#39;s and do some research in Bcd. to further assist you with your wedding preps. =)



Kindly let me know soon what your queries are, so i can prepare.





A. doscha, as for tips, i always reccommend a spa treatment at least 1-2 weeks before the wedding. Both you and your fiance%26#39; need to feel relaxed and rejuvinated.





B. As for your friends who will be planning bachelor/bachelorette bashes, the time frame should also be at least 1-2 weeks before the wedding.





C. If you%26#39;ll decide on a per plate reception set-up, ask the hotel if you can serve additional food (order from other restaurants / home cooked). This is a delight especially for guests who wish to have a second helping (esp. of desserts...)





D. ALL the wedding reception%26#39;s i attended, the round tables with 10 ppl. / table is always the set-up. I prefer the long table set-up which you can always customize (ex. 15ppl. L-15ppl. R). It creates an avenue for more bonding and your guests won%26#39;t feel suppressed on who to converse with. The more the merrier. ;-p





E. For backdrop%26#39;s, instead of the usual streamer w/ balloons, why not have your fave photo as a couple enlarged (best, painted) and have your fave love quote printed in lieu of the congratulations...?





mikai9820










Congratulation!!! Have you tried Circle Inn hotel? I am not sure but I think they can hold 250 person. Just inquire... They have a wedding package which can lift burden on your budget. The food is great plus the service. They have a large parking space and a services for the newly weds.







Congrats again!




You should have plans.



Instead of using dove change to butterflies..





this is a simple suggestion which i considered...helpful for you...Plan your party and talk that matters to your wedding planner. Don%26#39;t let all the decession comes to the planner it self atleast you have contribution also. Try to draw it on the piece of paper, your dreams of wedding. make your self as a wedding planner.

No comments:

Post a Comment