Saturday, April 21, 2012

Cebu Pacific Extortion and Hassles

I am posting this message so that others may become aware. I went home to the Philippines this Jan24 to 28 via Cebu Pacific airlines.





On my departure here from Singapore, it turned out that our flight was delayed due to the fact that there was a system shutdown. They told us that it was the first time that they experience such a situation. And that they could do only so little since according to them the person in-charge was just new. Talking about good service. Eventually everything has to be done manullay which took so long to finish.





On my departure from the Philippines on Jan28 at 830pm, I wanted to check-in early so I was at Terminal 3 around 400pm. I decided to check-in my baggage. At the baggage section there was this woman in-charge and asked to weigh in my baggage which weighed in at 11.5 kilos. She asked me if I was an OFW and I said yes but was not yet able to apply. She told me that I need to pay P1,750 and asked me to give her P1000. She even instructed me to insert the money inside the passport so that nobody would see. Prior to this, I overheard her also asking money from the foreigner who was ahead of me. I gave the money and was wondering why she didn%26#39;t issued any receipt. Then on the immigration portion I paid another P750. As our plane arrived in Singapore, I asked this guy next to me on how much he paid for and said that he paid only P750. I told him my situation and said that the woman must have extorted money from me since it%26#39;s not that how it should be. I relayed my experience to the flight attendants and they told me that it was not the procedure. They asked me to fill-up a complaint form. Talk about honest person%26#39;s. It%26#39;s very disgusting and sad that there are this people who would do such thing just for a little amount of money. I hope that CEBU PACIFIC PERSONNEL do something about this things for I might not be the only victim of this things. Given the time I could still identify that woman!





Cebu Pacific Extortion and Hassles


Actually, the travel tax for Filipinos is P1620 and is payable on top of the P750 terminal fee.





I would like to know if the travel tax was paid. That is, was it included in the cost of the ticket or paid at the travel tax counter. Or, were you able to get by without paying it because you paid P1000 to this lady?







Regards; Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment