Friday, April 13, 2012

Flights to El Nido? & Sandflies.

Do any carriers fly to El Nido from Manila. I%26#39;ve re-looked into my itinerary %26amp; will probably fly to PP from Manila, then make my way to El Nido. I haven%26#39;t found any airlines that fly from El Nido to Manila. I%26#39;d like to avoid back tracking, but it looks like I%26#39;ll have to go back to PP.





Also I%26#39;ve been scaring myself reading about sandflies. Insects love me! Having been to SE Asia I could manage to avoid getting bitten at night time by mozzies, but I%26#39;d get bitten by god knows what during the day. The idea of constantly applying sun lotion %26amp; insect repellent seems tiresome, what if I forget? Is there some way to avoid sandfly bites?





Thanks for any info.



Flights to El Nido? %26amp; Sandflies.


Maybe it is just my luck, but I have never had any problems with insects...outside of a few cockroaches in hotel rooms...when I have been thru the Philippines. I have never had problems with sandflies at numerous beaches including in Palawan.





Sunscreen is a pretty good idea, however, to keep from getting toasted.



Flights to El Nido? %26amp; Sandflies.


That is promising thanks! I tend to apply a very high factor sun protection that lasts all day. I%26#39;m not a big sunbather anyway, especially not in Asia, it%26#39;s too humid for me to lie in the sun all day.




Hiya Laura



You can get flights but you can%26#39;t book ahead as the carrier services one of the fancy resorts near el nido. Some info is on the website for elnidoboutiqueandartcafe that%26#39;s useful - go to the faqs section.





There are sandflies, I got bit and stupidly I decided to rely on some rubbish (v expensive)repellant I bought in UK. My advice, use neat deet on clothes (although it will damage them) - Toxic but effective.... and wear long sleeves/trousers at dawn/dusk.



Enjoy




Direct flight from El Nido to Manila is only through ITI. Here is their website: http://www.islandtransvoyager.com/





The only problem is that they prioritize guests of elnido resorts (miniloc %26amp; lagen). You cannot make advance bookings as well. You can only make reservations 3 days before your date of departure. If I%26#39;m not mistaken, one way fare would cost P7,500 (+- $160).





The travel would take 1 hour 15 minutes. Though the plane is quite small, it is definitely safe. I%26#39;ve flown with them many times and will continue to do so because of the convenience.





Go to elnido boutique for reservations and bookings.





Hope you enjoy el nido. It%26#39;s such a beautiful place.




Thanks for the info. I think I%26#39;m going to have to get a return flight from Manila to PP. I have a flight to May 7th from Manila back to Hong Kong, so I don%26#39;t want to miss this in hope of getting an ITI flight. I may not be able to get a flight %26amp; end up stranded in El Nido!





Unless I could cancel my PP to Manila flight? But not sure if it would be refundable?




You are lucky... 2 days I called directly SEAIR and ITI to get a clear answer.





SEAIR-no longer providing Manilla El Nido flights







ITI - if you book a vacation package with pre-selected upscale resorts in Palawan yes you can book the flight in advance throught the resort... Aroung 14 000 P both ways





If you dont%26#39; want to book with the resort ( very expensive resorts by the way) You can book only 5 days in advance with ITI Around 8,000 P one way





Hope that helps

No comments:

Post a Comment