Thursday, March 29, 2012

Advice on sightseeing on foot

Hi folks,







Are following places of interest within walking distance;





- Magellan%26#39;s Cross - Magellan%26#39;s Cross Shrine



- Captain Sergio Memorabilia Art Gallery



- Carbon market area



- Casa Gorordo Museum



- Fort San Pedro - Museum



- Fuente Osmeña



- Heritage of Cebu



- Mall - Ayala mall



SM mall



- Taoist temple is located on Canon Road in



- The Sto. Niño Basilica



opposite Magellan%26#39;s Cross







If YES please advise where shall I start.





I don%26#39;t expect getting on/off car taking a few



shots repeatedly. I enjoy walking.





Thanks in advance







B.R.



satimis



Advice on sightseeing on foot


satimis





Magellan%26#39;s cross, carbon market and Sto. Nino are all with in walking distance. The Malls you will have to take taxi and just about every other place.





Have Fun



ALan



Advice on sightseeing on foot


Hi ALan,







Thanks for your advice.







On the map following places seems quite close;



Casa Gorordo Museum, Heritage of Cebu, Cebu Archdiocesan Museum, Basilica de Sto Nino, City Hall PNB, Carbon Market







I%26#39;ll stay in Mactan Island. The hotel has shuttle to Ayala and SM malls. Can I take a taxi from Ayala Mall to Casa Gorordo Museum, then on foot taking following route;





Casa Gorordo Museum



|



v



Heritage of Cebu



|



v



Cebu Archdiocesan Museum



|



v



Basilica de Sto Nino



|



v



City Hall PNB



|



v



Carbon Market







From Carbon Market take a taxi back to SM. How long shall it take for the complete foot journey?







Where is Taoist temple? How to go there? Any suggestion to rearrange my route visiting those places. Visiting the malls is only for shopping nothing else. Thanks in advance.







B.Regards



satimis




hello satimis





Route sounds good.



Yes you can take taxi from mall to casa gorordo museum, it will take you around four hours for your trip depending on how long you stay at each stop. Maybe check out Magellans Cross, becuase you will be close by.



Yes take taxi back to mall from Carbon Market, if you want cheap mall then i suggest the ayala mall, also be careful at carbon market there are alot of pick pockets there.



The Taoist Temple is located in the Beverly Hills Subdivision in Lahug, it will take you around 15 to 20 minute depending on traffic.





Hope this helps take care and have fun.



Alan




Hi Alan,







Thanks for your further advice.





I%26#39;ll end my walking trip at Magellan%26#39;s Cross and take a taxi back to either Ayala or SM. Actually I%26#39;m not very interested on the Carbon Market. Nor I%26#39;ll stay too long on each place just taking a few shots and visiting around. What will be the total walking distance in term of time (i.e. how long to finish the whole trip to Magellan%26#39;s Cross if without stopping). Besides where shall I add Taoist temple? Thanks







B.R.



satimis




Satimis





Well the whole time if you don%26#39;t stop long maybe about 2 hours, If you do this in the morning and then go to taoist in the afternoon. One thing to is to make sure the places you want to go are open, becuase somtimes they are not for no reason.If you want help while you are there, i can contact my wife and she can help you. They will help you for a small fee.





Hope this hepls.





Alan




Hi Alan,







Thanks for your advice and kind offer.







2 hour walking is NOT a long trip. If some places closed I just pass by. Sightseeing is not my main purpose visiting Cebu City. It just satisfies my curiosity. I suppose the style of the buildings to be visited and the culture there were derived from Spain. I have visited many magnificent Spanish buildings in Madrid and Barcelona, Spain, in the past.







I%26#39;ll take a taxi from Ayala or SM to Casa Gorordo Museum which is at the junction of Ballesteros and L. Jaena and behind A.Bonifacio. From there I can go to Heritage of Cebu on foot. Afterwards I just follow Mabini (south) and it%26#39;ll brings me to Magellan%26#39;s Cross. The later is on MAGALLANES. Going further on Mabini (south) / P.Burgos I%26#39;ll arrive City Hall PNB. Are City Hall PNB and City Hall Cebu the same? I can%26#39;t find the former on Internet but only the later.







I also find the jeepney routes;





03Q



AYALA - SM AYALA - JUAN LUNA - SM - JUAN LUNA - AYALA (I think this is a circulating route between Ayala Mall and SM Mall)







12G



LABANGON - COLON - SM (MAGALLANES)



SM - RECLA - PIER 4 - T PADILLA - MJ CUENCO - BONIFACIO



(Bonifacio is behind Casa Gorordo Museum. Getting in a jeepney on Magallanes it will bring me to SM Mall)







01I PRIVATE - COLON - PIER - SM - AYALA SM - AYALA - AYALA ACCESS ROAD - HIPPODROMO - MJ CUENCO - BONIFACIO - SANCIANGKO







If having not much cash in pocket I may try a jeepney ride to satisfy my curiosity, most likely between SM and Ayala on 03Q, a short route.







From Magellan%26#39;s Cross or City Hall PNB (depending on time) I%26#39;ll take a taxi to Taoist Temple to see Cebu City on hill. Afterwards I%26#39;ll go to either SM or Ayala Mall for lunch. I expect getting back to hotel at about 4:30 pm to enjoy beach and sunshine.







I saw the movie of SM and Ayala on ';youtube';. There are many shops. Are they selling same merchandise of equal quality. OR shops in Ayala selling goods for price and SM for quality? Are the price there marked without bargaining? OR the price is subject to heavy negotiation like countries in Middle East or Arab countries? I have to counter off at 10% of the price being asked at start? If I don%26#39;t play this game they will feel guilty.







B.R.



satimis




satimis





Sounds good route. The prices at ayala mall are better than sm and the prices at the mall are set so you can%26#39;t try and get it cheaper, but if you want souvinors then look for the little shops close to city hall.





Have fun





Alan




Hi Alan,







Your advice noted with thanks







satimis

No comments:

Post a Comment