Thursday, March 29, 2012

Maasin city,Southern Leyte

I am going to visit Maasin City later this year(2007) and I would like to get all the info that I can get before I arrive.I am coming from USA so I would like to know the airport close to Southern Leyte and what route to take to get Maasin City.I will be there for 2 week,so can you also help me out with a list of things to do,places to go,and sights to see.If I land at Cebu airport I wiil stay 3 nights there Thank you very much for your help.



Maasin city,Southern Leyte


Hello John





Maasin City has it%26#39;s own airport but I am unaware of any commercial airlines flying there. There used to be a commercial flight once or twice a week to Ormoc City but I think it has stopped now. So, the closest airport for commercial flights on Leyte that I am aware of is Tacloban. Several airlines fly in and out several times per day. However, the closest airport by time from Maasin City, I believe is Cebu. Since you already said you will be flying into Cebu, you might as well travel to Maasin City from Cebu.





My suggestion from Cebu City is to catch the OceanJet to Hilongos



http://www.oceanjet.net/schedcebuhilongos.htm



then catch a bus or hire a private van to take you from Hilongos to Maasin City. It is about 2 hours on the OceanJet from Cebu City to Hilongos then about an hour from Hilongos to Maasin City in a private car and longer if you use public transport.





Maasin City is a bit out of the way for the ordinary tourist, so I presume you are going there to meet a girl. If so, you can have her meet you in Cebu or Hilongos to guide you to Maasin City





You can se a map of Leyte here which shows all the towns I mentioned:



…photobucket.com/albums/…Leyte-map.gif





I have a video filmed September 2005 which shows the trip from Palompon Leyte to Maasin City Leyte. The last part of the video shows our accomodation at Country Lodge in Maasin City plus a small tour of Maasin City. If you are interested, you can download the video from this page of my website. It is Called ';Palompon to Maasin';:



bigjimsphilippinesexperience.com/videos3.htm





If you have further questiions you think I can answer, send me an email at sibbick61@yahoo.com.au







Regards: Jim Sibbick



Maasin city,Southern Leyte


hi john,



I live in vegas and run a yahoo group.





…yahoo.com/group/Retiring-To-Philippines/





nicelvguy@yahoo.com







or you can email me if you want to know anything I will try to help.




Good Day! I%26#39;m from Maasin City, I can help you how to get on my beautiful homeland. There are two(2) option you can arrive in the city, it is sea and by land. If you like by sea you must be in cebu city and take aboat, and if you like some adventure and see other places you go by land but it takes a longer travel(almost 18hrs from manila to Maasin, cause you must start at manila, this is by land. I hope you can reach our city. You can realized the good attitude of my fellow maasinhons and fresh foods with great sea shores and beaches. I will not elaborate all so can experience the challenges of my homeland. Have a good trip and MAY GOD BLESS YOU!




Could you not fly from Manila into Tacloban and take a bus to Maasin City?




Could you not fly from Manila into Tacloban and take a bus to Maasin City?



-------------------





Yes, but still quicker from Cebu, so long as OceanJet continues it%26#39;s service from Cebu City to Hilongos







Regards: Jim




Philippine Airlines now flies from Cebu to Tacloban. www.palexpressair.com





But I don%26#39;t know how close Tacloban is to Maasin. But I, personally would prefer to travel by Oceanjet from Cebu to experience ithe fun of island hopping.




I am from texas and have gone to Maasin City 4 times already, the first time is always a strange one, but after going so many times, I never get tired of discovering new places to see in Maasin City, ,The people are always nice . on my last trip I decided to walk alone at night in Maasin City ,this was recent 02-03-2009 to 02-20-2009 , I wanted to see if the people there are really good people or just 2 faced. thou the city is not too big ,I was never assualted,robbed or anything else, of that sort, which made me beleive that If I ever wanted to retire ,I would retire in Maasin City, the people are nice to all visitors, even the Local government Officials are always out to make sure that your safety is assured. This town is quite a place. Beautiful Women,Awsome sceneries, Beautiful Beaches, I plan to make my 5th trip to Maasin City Soon . and since I%26#39;m fixin to retire from my U.S. Government Job soon, I have chosen Maasin City ,to spend my final days of Life on this Earth.


  • apply eyeshadow
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment