Thursday, March 29, 2012

Cebu Tour???

Hey Guys,





Getting closer to the time we visit Cebu in April, on honeymoon, very much looking forward to it, haha.





Anyway, I%26#39;m looking into areas and places that we should go see/visit while we are there, what is the best way to go about it.





I%26#39;m staying at the Shangri La Mactan, I was considering asking them if they can organise a city tour for me but then I was thinking doing it through the hotel might be expensive.





How easy would it be for a first timer in Cebu to get around? Short journeys in taxis from place to place within the city I figure should be ok, but from the Shang to the City, am I likely to get Taxi drivers trying to ';no-meter'; me?





Is there a Jeepney service that passes outside Shang and into the city?





A few spots i%26#39;m looking to see are the Lapu-Lapu Monument but from what I can figure out it%26#39;s walking distance from the hotel so shouldn%26#39;t be a problem.





Into the city, Magellans Cross, Fort San Pedro, Sto. Ni帽o Basilica, the Taoist Temple and the Tops.





I%26#39;m sure my wife would want to go to SM Mall for shopping after that before heading back to the hotel.





So what would ye recommend the best way to do this?





Note, there will only be 2 of us, my wife and myself.





Are some places within walking distance of each other? Should we take Taxi or would Jeepneys be easy enough?





Or would you recommend we try hire a driver/guide? (what kind of rates should we expect?)





Cheers



Mokong



Cebu Tour???


Hi Mokong





Good chose of hotel I really like it when i stayed there, but exnpensive. To me the best thing would be to hire a drive for the day if you want, somtimes you can make a deal with taxi drivers for the day to. You can walk to Magellans Cross and St. Nino. If you want some good sovuniors look around by city haal there%26#39;s alot of small shops there on some side streets.If you like to walk you can go to Fort San Pedro to but it will talk about half hour.Taoist Temple and Top will take you awhile to get there by car.There is a jeepney route but i don%26#39;t have that right now.I would go to the ayala mall where things are a little cheaper , but same quality.If you need guide i can set it up for you.





Have Fun





Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment