Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Buy swimwear in Boracay or no?

Hi all.

I%26#39;ll be in Manila/Makati before going to Boracay. I do need a pair of board shorts, and my girlfriend needs some swimwear too. Is buying that in Boracay going to be a rip-off? Should I try to look in Manila/Makati?

Any suggestions on where to go to get decent brands at relatively cheap prices? (for example, what might a pair of Billabong or Volcom or Rip Curl or... board shorts go for?)

I%26#39;m thinking of buying in the Philippines because I know some Volcom stuff is make in the Philippines.

Thanks!

Kevin

Buy swimwear in Boracay or no?

things will be more expensive in Boracay with less choice. You can find some of those at SM , Landmark (if that name is correct) or a host of other shops in Glorietta, but I recall not as cheap as one might think. For swim wear for you girlfriend, if she is Filipina look in Manila/Makati for a great number of choices, especially if she is not used to wearing bathing suits, she will appreciate a greater selection I ASSUME. If you want to get adventurous, you can get knock offs in Divorsoria (spelling).

Buy swimwear in Boracay or no?

You can find swim wear on the island for various places. We have upscale shops selling swim wear which might be slightly more expensive than in Manila and we have cheaper stores. There is quite a good choice of swim wear on the island.

Manila on the other hand might have more choice, but the stores are in several malls. That means you have to sacrifice a whole afternoon or morning to check in the mall, eventually drive to another mall, while here on the island it is relaxing to buy swim wear.

Up to you....


If you are shopping in upmarket stores in Manila malls it may well be more expensive than Boracay.

There are shops here to suit most budgets and you can find quite inexpensive swimwear and board shorts.


so u want to spend your holiday sun time shopping for suits and once you are there, you will have to settle for what they have. As I recall Landmark had a great selection of stuff at good prices. My family went shopping there before they left.


...this is simple

...buy before you come there is more selection

Rob


More selection? Huh? There are hundreds of shops selling swimwear in Boracay!!! what better selection than there, especially where all the shops are close together. There are both brand name and market priced shops to choose from.


Ok, thanks folks.

Guess I%26#39;ll check out Landmark.

I also heard there%26#39;s a decent mall on the way to Tagaytay... in Santa Maria. Speedo outlet.


...for just me ..last minute ...buy it on Boracay

...if I am being dragged around shops on my vacation to look at swimmwear by my wife(thats just not fun)

...any husband who has watched his wife try on 37 bathingsuits to find the ';right'; one can relate to this post

...let her shop (for the perfect suit )before you go there

..dont commit yourself to the shopping event ...lol

...and I have bought sandals,t shirts and umbrellas,kick nacks...on Boracay...but shopping per say is not really a guy thing..

...i think that clarifies what I meant

Rob

...


Rob, thanks for your feedback. It%26#39;s a point well taken.

I%26#39;m actually the one who needs to buy swimwear. My girlfriend already has something. But I%26#39;ll probably get her a pair of beach shorts she can wear over her swimsuit... so she can spend time on that while I%26#39;m looking at my stuff.


Since I am a somewhat plus sized Caucasian, I found a bit of trouble finding clothes in my size on Boracay, I think the largest waist size I saw would fit a 32 inch waist (and I am 36).I found no shorts my size at all...unless you are of the smaller size, I would bring clothes with you.

Shirts - in Canada I wear at XL, in Boracay only 4XL would fit, so the selection is smaller

  • email
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment