Monday, April 23, 2012

Has anyone been to Mile Hi Inn Baguio?

I%26#39;m an OFW in Bahrain planning to take my Wife %26amp; 3 kids (ages 12, 10 %26amp; 9) to Mile Hi Inn (i choose this hotel coz according to its website its inside Camp John Hay where there a lot of pine trees %26amp; is the next best thing to Manor Hotel) in Baguio during my yearly vacation sometime the first week of January of 2009. I am planning to make reservations with them but would like your valued advice. We plan to stay there for 3 days %26amp; 2 nights or more. I know you might be thinking that it%26#39;s too early but that%26#39;s why i want your opinion regarding this matter. I have been working abroad for almost 8 years now %26amp; this is the first time we would be going out of town just the 5 of us %26amp; i want it to be special (by the way, its a suprise for them). So, if anyone has any reviews, comments or suggestions please let me know. By the way, we plan to just utilize the public transport while where there, is that ok? A proposed itinerary for the kids would be nice too.

Has anyone been to Mile Hi Inn Baguio?

I have seen the place but was not impressed. It%26#39;s located under the rows of stores and restos of Mile Hi. The beds in the rooms are of the steel frames type and double bed on steel frames. Their price is not that cheap either. I opted for the AIM/Igorot Lodge located over Mile Hi and beside the Starbucks. The exterior may look like the old, white ';John Hay'; cabins but the interior has been remodelled. We had a very nice stay there last December. Their prices are around 2,500 to 2,800 per room. I think this is the next best thing to the Manor. If you want to stay in city center, try Veniz Hotel. Highly recommended.

Has anyone been to Mile Hi Inn Baguio?

Thanks Blazt for the info. That was a great help.

Coz i assumed it was a nice place since i saw their website %26amp; i thought the rooms were nice %26amp; according to them the Forest View Room which i was planning to reserve (2,200 pesos according to the email i received) has a nice view of pine trees.

Anyways, i%26#39;ll try to surf around for igorot lodge. I still haven%26#39;t received a quotation from Veniz Hotel. But which do you think is better, to stay within the city or inside john hay%26gt;


Veniz is located just across Burnham Park, walking distance to the market and Session Road.Their rooms are airconditioned, spacious and clean. Another hotel with a good location is Cordillera Hotel near Baguio Country Club (operated by country club employees). Their rooms overlook the golf course of the club,(lots of pine trees)although rooms are a bit old.For your info, the Manor offer 50% discount from June to September on the room rates, minimun 2 nights (2,2150/night).For me, staying in John Hay is more for rest relaxation.

Public transpo is very efficient,best to Baguio is Victory Liner. Taxis are a plenty and cheap, cabbies return the change to the last centavo.

I hope you get the best deal and have a great stay. Feel free to ask adiitional info, we%26#39;re always ready to help a fellow traveller and share our good and not so good experiences.


Sorry for the late response blazt. Anyways, I found the website of Hotel Veniz and I find it very enticing. I think thats were we will be staying if i can%26#39;t get a room inside John Hay. Its such a shame we can%26#39;t avail the 50% discount that Manor is offering since we are planning to go there on the first week of January 2009. But I%26#39;m keeping my fingers crossed that just maybe they would have other rates %26amp; discounts before my trip back home. I really would like that our very first out of town trip as a family to be special %26amp; to leave them good memories of baguio pine trees %26amp; the cool weather. Thanks again for your time.

By the way, are you a guy Blazt?


Yes, and just like you, I always bring my family to Baguio to relax and enjoy the good weather. We also love to eat and try all the good food that Baguio has to offer,even ';hole in the wall'; eateries. I am also a ';value for money'; person, looking for the best deal that I could get.


Try VIP Villas in Green Valley. It%26#39;s private and quite exclusive. We%26#39;ve been going there since I was a kid. %26lt;vipbaguio.multiply.com%26gt;


Note that there is a variety of restaurants inside John hay so there is no need to go outside for food.

And I find mile hi inn too expensive for their ';dorm type'; rooms that looks really really old.

But if you really want to stay inside John Hay and your budget is for a place cheaper than manor, then Mile Hi should be fine as long as you are okay paying a bit high for old dorm type rooms.

And of course, you are okay with noise coming from footsteps above you (from the restaurants and stores). Note also that you can hear cars parking, opening/closing of car doors, voices of people, etc. etc.

Be sure to book forrest view rooms for minimal noise.

I normally don%26#39;t recommend hotels at downtown area. I would say stay at the John Hay / Country Club side were there are more pine trees and lesser crowd.

There is cheaper a ';Manor'; near teacher%26#39;s camp which i forgot the name. Good ambiance (around pine trees) and nice cozy rooms with verandas.

South Drive Manor i think is the name.


licua - thanks for your recommendation. i visited your multiply blog. looks great but a bit expensive for my budget. but last i heard thats a membership only hotel, am i right?

kiko1203 - thanks for the info. didn%26#39;t know it was a dorm type hotel. wow, there are noise, i thought since it would be far away from downtown it would a bit quiet, but i guess i was wrong. i%26#39;ll sure to take a note of forest view rooms.

do you know the rates for South Drive Manor?


For Manor%26#39;s rate, i had a room with veranda and 1 king size bed for 2,800 just last February.


kiko1203 - thanks man for the room rate. do you think it would be easy for me %26amp; my family (3 kids) to use the public transportation to %26amp; from the South Drive Manor?

  • moisturiser cream
  • car purchasing advice
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment