Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Manila - Banuae 3days/2night tour

Hi,





My wife and I are planning to travel from Manila to Banaue in October. We are planning for a 3days/2night stay. My ideal itin. Would like to be:





Before Day 1. Take the 9 hour Bus from Manila to Banaue.





Day 1.



Arrive Banaue around 7AM. Check in hotel and rest until lunch time. Grab lunch. Sightseeing Banaue such as Rice Terrace Viewpoints, perhaps an afternoon hike.





Return to the hotel in the evening for dinner.





Day 2.



Wake up early morning and travel to Sagada via Bontoc. Visit Ancient burial caves, hanging coffins, Bontoc Musuem, and other suggested attractions from you.





Either return to Banaue from Bontoc or spend the night in Bontoc. I am still trying to figure out the commute back to Banaue because it seems like there%26#39;s limited transportation going back. So I was thinking if we should just stay in Bontoc.





Day 3. Leave Banaue or Bontoc for Manila.





Question:



1. Is this a workable itin.?



2. Do you know any guided tour in Banaue that could be hired for 2 days and take me to my requested attractions? If you do, how much?







Any comments and suggestions is appreciated.



Manila - Banuae 3days/2night tour


This is exactly the itinerary I was trying to do in a couple of weeks. How did it go? Any luck!? Any info you can provide would be SO much appreciated!



Manila - Banuae 3days/2night tour


Johan,





We did went to Banaue and Sagada but with some modification. My wife%26#39;s dad who actually drove us from Manila to Banaue then to Sagada. We didn%26#39;t take the 8 hour bus ride just a 8 hour SUV.





We arrived at Banaue in the late afternoon so we didn%26#39;t do much except just relax at our hotel. I had a horrible headache due to the change of elevation. We did went out at night just to see the town. We dropped by Sanafe hostal as the owner is a friend of my father in law. If you are still looking for a place to stay I strongly recommend you this place. It has a deck that overlooks the whole town. A great place to enjoy a cup of coffee while appreciating the Philippine country side. The owner was warm and welcoming to her guests.





The next day, we started off early. Because we were pressing for time, we didn%26#39;t go to Batad to check out the grandest rice terrace. We just went to the town center again. It happened that it was market day so we looked around and brought some souvenirs. However, on our way to Bontoc we were able to see other rice terraces, waterfalls, and other beautiful scenery.





We arrived to Sagada in the afternoon. We signed up for a tour to visit the burial caves, hanging coffins, spelunking. I am all into creepy and mysterious attractions so all these made my day, probably the most unforgettable part of my Philippine trip.





We stayed in Sagada for a night. The following day we attempted to walk to Echo Valley by ourselves but it turned out the trek was more complex than we expected. We headed back to the hotel to check out before taking another 8 hours on the road back to Manila via Baguio.





I am sorry this is a long reply. Let me know if you have any specific questions. Another forum that you should check out is virtualtourist.com. for some reason, a lot of Filipinos use this site and they provide very helpful information




I%26#39;m writing this whilst staying with family in Las Pinas. I wouldn%26#39;t advise going to Banaue in October. The rice terraces are going slightly down hill due to the locals seeking work in Manila and are best viewed when the rice is lush and green, mid-march to may. October may berainly and cloudy. We last visited in Feb 2006 and were slightly disappointed. We hired a car and it was quicker to go back from La Union where we were staying back towards Manila and then San Jose. It%26#39;s only five hours by car if you go via the east of Luzon from Manila, it%26#39;s surprisingly easy to drive in the Philippines,honestly, better than being a passenger!!!



We%26#39;ve some photos on



rhona-and-simon.com/rhona-and-simon-photos-2…



I%26#39;m updating the site at the moment though so you may experience some difficulty. This years Philippines trip can be viewed at



rhona-and-simon.com/rhona-and-simon-photos-2…



I just finished that page today.


  • moisturiser cream
  • 1 comment:

    1. I'm planning a trip from Manila to Banaue. Has anyone used adventureboundasia tour company? They seem to have the right trip for me. Otherwise, can anyone recommend a tour operator? I'm short on time so I don't want to do the bus and everything on my own. thanks,

      ReplyDelete