Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Recommendation for a hairdresser/beauty salon near Ayala Ctr

I will be staying at Dusit Nikko Hotel next week and would like to get a haircut, highlights, ';the works';, etc. Any recommendations?



Recommendation for a hairdresser/beauty salon near Ayala Ctr


you may walk thru 6750 building in Ayala, and check out some salons and other beauty/spa centers located inside.



Recommendation for a hairdresser/beauty salon near Ayala Ctr


Hi there!





You may take a cab to Powerplant Mall in Rockwell and go to Basement salon at the second floor (Tel: (632)898-2222). Haircuts go for about $25. Look for Manfred (the top guy) or Joseph, they are both good. Highlights could cost between USD70.00 to USD100.00 depending on hairlength, the umber of colors and whether you want a base color or not.





Another good Makati salon is Emphasis Salon, also in Rockwell but it is not inside the mall, rather in a separate building beside Brother%26#39;s Burger, behind UCC Cafe and Santi%26#39;s deli. Relaxing ambience (when there%26#39;s not much people) and quality service as well. Prices similar to Basement. Emphasis Salon- Tel(632) 898-0818/898-0819.





Enjoy your pampering day! :D




Haha! I think its the first time someone made an inquiry bout that here. But actually yes, Manila has some very good salons and there are some near your hotel worth mention. There are mid-range to the more high end ones. The ones here are those which I go to regularly or at least I%26#39;ve tried before.





Prive - this is a small salon at the 4th level of the Makati Shangri-la. I normally go here for my regular haircut but I can%26#39;t comment on the highlights and stuff since I haven%26#39;t tried those stuff. The one who does my hair is Eddie (and he%26#39;s good). I%26#39;ve seen he does those highlights and stuff too. From what I%26#39;ve heard its a bit pricey, though I%26#39;m sure compared to what you pay there it is still cheap here. Their phone is 8135002. As their place is small, it can get a bit crowded specially on weekends and in the afternoons during weekdays.





Emphasis Salon - this one is at the basement of the Manila Peninsula, which is the hotel across the Shangri-la (across Ayala). They have a bigger space, and a really friendly staff. I go there for grooming and treatments and ocassional pampering or if the other salon is just too crowded and noisy. They have a separate area for men and women which I like, since for women it is a common area, unlike for men - they give us our own cubicle with our own tv (hahaha). There are times I treat my mom here for a hair and scalp treatment/massage together with a foot spa and manicure. I guess she likes it so much cause she really can sleep during the process as the place can be relaxing. Their number is 8123456 and ask to be connected to Emphasis Salon.





Toni and Guy - I actually don%26#39;t know if this is still open, but it is at the ground floor of 6750, beside Shangri-la. Went there twice for a haircut. For me it was nothing special, though I%26#39;ve heard a lot of nice reviews about them. I never went back though. Maybe because I%26#39;ve established a better rapport with the above places.





These I guess are the top 3 in the area (from a guy%26#39;s point of view that is). There are other (less pricey) salons in the area though I won%26#39;t write on anything I haven%26#39;t actually experienced. I%26#39;m sure there%26#39;ll be some more responses hopefully from female TAs here.





As for the three I%26#39;ve listed above, if you have time, better call them up first or better yet visit them and get a feel for which place you might like best. They all have different stylists who charges differently depending on their ';level';. You can walk from Dusit through the Glorietta mall to get to these places in comfort.




Oh, the Emphasis Salon I mentioned is a branch closer to your hotel (bout 10-15 minutes walk). But if you have time, do check out the Rockwell branch picolita mentioned above (which is their main branch) about 15 minutes by cab from your hotel with the usual Makati traffic. Travel time from there back to your hotel is much longer though (since traffic is heavier specially in the afternoon).




Hello again!



I think the question is very valid :P since every girl needs to de-stress and prettify herself :-)





Just to say that the salons I mentioned are in my view, one of the 2 best in Manila although on the expensive side.. But I think its best you not take risks with your hair, specially for hair color on the cheaper salons since it could turn out brassy (yikes!)



You didn%26#39;t mention if you are Filipino or Caucasian, but in any case, if you are blonde or light and fine haired, the 2 salons I mentioned above (Basement and Emphasis) would still know what to do.





Another good salon for stylish haircuts is Propaganda which is located at the Greenbelt Mall- 3rd Level (sort of near your hotel, walkable). I am not sure if they are experts in coloring but this is a quality salon, so I would probably trust them too. You can look for Jing Monis. Tel. 893-4098. Haircut is about USD25.00 or P1,200 more or less same as the ones I mentioned above.





Enjoy!




Yup! Very valid indeed! Its actually a refreshing query far different from the usual questions in the forums.





Good post picolita! :)




thanks! ;-) (kikay!)




Wow! Thanks so much for all the valuable informaton! I%26#39;ll be arriving there on Sunday morning. I will be looking for a church to go to in the morning, then spend the rest of the day being pampered. I will try to make the appointments while I am here is San Francisco.





One question: Can you advise regarding tipping etiquette for attendants, cutters, hair colorist, manicurist/pedicurist, etc.?




Hiya! Me again :-)



About churches, did you mean Catholic? You can go to Santuario de San Antonio in Forbes Park. You can take a cab from your hotel- it should take around 5 minutes, maybe you should make the cabbie wait if you decide to go here cos you might get stuck, since this a resdential neighborhood. there is a 10:30 am mass and a 12 noon mass. if you wish to go earlier I think there is 9 am one, but am not completely sure.



The interesting thing is, you can also attend mass at mall. Only in the Philippines. There is mass in Greenbelt Chapel, though I am not familiar with schedule. There is also a chapel at Rockwell at the 4th floor if ever you decide to go to Basement Salon. Mass schedule is 9:30am, 11am, 4:30pm, 6pm and 7:10.



About salon tipping... Hmmmm depends how happy you are. But the normal tip for the stylist is about P100.00, could be more if you are really happy. For the attendants/manicurist/pedicurist P50 should be enough per person, could be more, could be less. On a sidenote: Emphasis pedicures are nice, the manicurists are good, plus if you like painting your toes, they have such a wide variety of shades to chose from. (Ok i sound like a ditz now) :P



But really, have fun! Im sure you will save a lot by having all your stuff done here.




Thanks for the %26#39;tipping tips%26#39;, Piccolita. I feel armed with so much information, I already feel relaxed just thinking about it.





By the way, I am looking for Christian church. I am %26#39;flip%26#39; but not Catholic...went to Union High School of Manila (under Phil Christian U), but have been away for so long, I honestly do not remember how much I tipped or even if I tipped at all when I was there... :(

No comments:

Post a Comment