Monday, April 23, 2012

Transfer from NAIA T1 to T3?

Mabuhay,

We%26#39;ll arrive from HK to NAIA T1, but have an onward flight departing from T3. Can anyone recommend how to transfer between terminals and where transportation leaves at T1?

Many thanks for your help!

take the airport taxi.

Mixu

There are yellow and red painted taxis at all of the Manila airport terminals now.

Upon existing T1, cross one inner access road and turn to your right (in the direction traffic is flowing).

You will see a queue of passengers waiting for these yellow and red taxis. The queue attendant will give you a slip with the taxi registration number on it.

The flagfall is about P70 with the per kilometre cost pretty small, so make sure that you have pesos in P100 and P50 bills (there are bank counters as you leave the %26#39;secure%26#39; area of T1).

You will usually obtain a better rate for your Krones or whatever in the Philippines than elsewhere, so don%26#39;t bother exchanging currency at home - wait until you arrive in Manila unless it%26#39;s at a very odd hour in which case it pays to have a small amount in pesos to hand.

You will find the still incomplete T3 far more impressive than T1, but there are still not many shops open in T3 as the dispute over its %26#39;permanent%26#39; opening has yet to be resolved, so I understand.

Have a wonderful time in the friendly Philippines.

Many thanks for your very informative and comprehensive response! Kroner neither are the flavour of the month, so I think we%26#39;ll stick to our home currency, the euro...

Thanks again %26amp; enjoy your future travels too!

Apologies Mixu - I went to Finland two years ago and have since forgotten that you have euros.

I loved Savonlinna Castle. I travelled by train and then went to Nurmes for the night, and also visisted Rovaniemi and the %26#39;Arctic Christmas Post Office%26#39; before eventually travelling to Turku (terrible castle) and boarding the impressive 3000 passenger ferry to Stockholm.

No comments:

Post a Comment