Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Transport to Tagaytay from Makati

Hi, I wonder if you could give me an idea how much it cost for a taxi or a private car to take us to Tagaytay and back. Would like to know the cost inclusive (petrol) of a day trip or a day out to Tagaytay.





Can anyone recommend a reputable taxi or private taxi with driver for the day? Thank you.



Transport to Tagaytay from Makati


Corina, when I arrived at Manila Airport Terminal 3 (the %26#39;new%26#39; one) five months ago I simply went into the street and haggled.





From there, I found a taxi driver who charged P1500 one way, although I gave him a P100 tip.





So I suggest that you may be able to get from Makati to Tagaytay and back for perhaps P2000 - after all, if you only book a taxi one way, there%26#39;s no guarantee for the driver that he will quickly find a fare back to Manila.





See my review of hiking up Taal Volcano - if you are of a mind to do this, try to achieve it before noon when it is somewhat cooler. You will still perspire a lot (take some water and make sure that you have a hat and insect repellant, and also %26#39;slip slap slop%26#39; as we say in Australia - i.e. put on 30 plus sunscreen lotion liverally). The boat trip across serene Lake Taal is enjoyable.



Transport to Tagaytay from Makati


Hi Victorianland,





Thank you for replying to my post. I very much appreciate it. Sadly,I will not be going to Tagaytay straight from the airport. I will be in Makati for a few days and have this idea to see Tagaytay for a day.





I can cope as much to share a day with a driver and can see as many scenery and stop for a coffee when I please. So,group tours isn%26#39;t my idea of a day out.





I have not been to Tagaytay(shame on me) tho,I visit Manila yearly and Tagaytay sounded rather a great idea to spend the day outside Makati and find some local restaurants and of course to enjoy the view of Taal.





Any suggestions where to stop for lunch and coffe or high noon tea on way to Makati? Thank you kindly.





PS: I think sun lotion IS a great idea. I cannot remember the last time I spent time under the sun in UK.




Corina





I appreciate that you will not be commencing your trip from the airport.





However Makati and the airport are but a few kilometres apart, so the fare difference should be minimal.





I would simply hail cabs in the street, and then haggle (negotiate). My bet is that being the Philippines, within five minutes you will have found a taxi driver prepared to take you there and back.




Hi Victorialad,





Hailing a taxi on the street isn%26#39;t always my idea of fun when in Philiipines. I am sure there are many honest taxi drivers in Manila but just a little concern since I have to get back to Makati in the evening and would not wish to get stuck in Tagaytay.





Haggling for the right price isn%26#39;t my best to be honest.Besides,its not guarantee the price wont change once Im in the middle of an unfamiliar place.





Would really love to hear from anyone here who could recommend a reputable taxi or hire car with driver.





Thank you once again Victorialad for your idea and help.




Hi Corina,



Since you are a regular visitor of Manila, invite one of your trusted Phillipino friend for a day-tour in Tagaytay. Or have them recommend to you a trusted driver/companion to drive you to/around/back Tagaytay.





Pls treat this as a suggestion.




I use Mobeline car charter services. Their telephone number is 563-41-34 or 562-81-07. Rent a car with driver is P2,500 for 10 hours. Gasoline would cost around P1,000 and you also have to shoulder toll and parking fee. It%26#39;s a choice of Toyota Vios or Honda Civic. You have to call them one day before the trip.




Hi Edwin,





Thanks for the suggestion. I have been thinking that too. So,I may just do that. Thank you.




Hi leiza.





I took note of the company and nos. Thank you so very much for the info.

No comments:

Post a Comment